Since 2006, Development Perspectives has grown to become a successful leading education NGO in Ireland. Our work explores, examines and acts upon a range of issues and challenges that face our world. We have built on the energy of our participants, the continued support from our donors, and the solid partnerships we have established with local communities both at home and abroad.
Our mission is to contribute to lessening poverty, inequality and climate change through transformative education and active global citizenship.
Building on the learning of past experiences, we are excited and ready for the next stage of our development. In order to have the greatest impact, we focus on developing the ‘whole’ person who is aware of the interdependent nature of life and is propelled to act as a global citizen working for the good of all.
Development Perspectives has identified five goals to be achieved during the Development Perspectives strategy 2016 – 2018.
- Citizens in Ireland have an increased knowledge and understanding of and deeper engagement with Global Justice issues.
- Empowered and skilled citizens in Ireland and Tanzania are actively involved in tackling poverty, inequality and climate change.
- Increased recognition of the importance and relevance of Development Education in contributing to a more equitable, just and sustainable world.
- Build sustainable partnerships locally and internationally to broaden engagement and expand Development Perspectives’ impact.
- Strengthen the organisational capacity of Development Perspectives to ensure sustainability, effectiveness, transparency and accountability
To find out more about some of our ongoing projects visit the links below:
To understand the impact of our work take a look at our
Measuring the Impact of Development Perspective’s Insight Programme on Participants’ Active Citizenship
Since our establishment we have tried to record our learning, the impact we are making and the general progress of our work. This strategic plan signals the continuation of that trend as it charts and maps out a vision of our work (2016 – 2018) and signposts externally our intentions.